Tuesday 2 October 2007

Red, Yellow, Blue


Gettin' late...must go--gotta hit the sack soon.
I can't wake up at a quarter to noon.
My luxury's over at 5:59
'Cause my son on a pace in a zone with no time.

No job to wake up for just yet....only three.
He's got the remote---cartoons still asleep.
Time for the cereal, coffee to brew.
He's got his own cock-a-doodle-doo

Nine o'clock--brush the teeth--shoes and socks on.
Bike down to Soho--ten minutes--we gone.
Weave through the trucks, the cars and the buses.
Suit and tie man reads the meter and fusses.

Down to the red light district we go.
Red, yellow, blue---the colors he knows.
It too early --pole dancin' for him.
Wrong sex too....better go to the gym.
But that is where his nursery is...
Right in the middle of the old sex biz.

Come break time--good bookstores too.
Found lotta authors that I never knew.
Big ones and small ones in odd situations.
I hope those people don't have no relations.
Done more readin' lately than most college folk.
Hung out a bit more--a diploma awoke.

See a man comin' out of one of them bookstores---day or night.
He be lookin' left and right--right and left....left and right.
Ya'll don't look more times crossin' a six lane highway.
And if he make a purchase, he even look my way.

My God, now he's lookin' seven times more.
Take him ten minutes to get out the door.
Who's got the time--watch him come out of there?
His momma? She at home fixin' her hair.

No, she stopped up at the red light pickin' her teeth.
Dark shade of red now---ain't he feelin' the grief.
Oh my God. There she is. Just come out of Lou's Lounge.
He zoomin' in close, but he don't see a frown.

What she doin' here? That damn woman's my mother.
Who would have thought it...not even my brother.
And so there came a sordid revelation that day.
So sordid that neither had nothing to say.


My son's nursery---ain't no bookstores right there.
Just Spank-a-rama to the left if you dare.
And a quiet little door left ajar to the right.
I hurry him up so he don't see the sights.

Ain't no problem as long as he in the right door.
The middle one---no, not the one with the whores.
But he is quite practiced at hangin' with ladies.
The grandmas, the moms in the park with the babies.
No worries, he seen it all before.
He all hyped up on titty juice--more more more.

He buzz 'round the toys like some out-of-control bee
Lookin' for the honey. It's something to see.
Bitin' and hittin'? He done with all that.
Head Mistress say he's moved on to strangulation--a fact.
I'll be speakin' with her tomorrow at noon.
And it won't be five minutes too soon.

Sign him up for a field trip next week to Spank-a-Rama
After play school....special treat--now we cuttin' the drama.
Ya'll say I can't hit my kid? I say "OK...."
I'll find someone to do it for me---handsomely I'll pay.

Sometimes I don't know what the answer is.
They got schools now for parents just like for the kids.
Run him like a dog....take him to the park
He run into a tree-- take off all the bark.
Strap him down-- he tired, but on the way home...
Oh, the little white van with the man all alone.

It's Mr. Gelato with his tongue twinklin' song
Too close to your door with his evil ding dong.
Dingin' yo kids right up out of their slumber
Call the police---gimme the emergency number.
Description? Man with thick, fat, hairy, white legs.
Pushin' ice cream when I up for scrabbled eggs.

" Specials, specials"----code word for ice cream
"I want an ice cream" Says the child in a dream.
Fifty times he say it---and he say it til you fear it.
Until you pay anything just not to hear it.

No comments: