Friday 12 October 2007

Procrastinating Preparator




Don't eat the eggs of river trout. They are not caviar.
Go up and talk to strangers if you don't know who are they are.
Don't drink and draw. You may go off the page.
Too young for your free bus pass. Act your age.

Mange enough to keep your stomach able,
To pull a chair, set plates upon the table.
Don't fuss with stuffing when it's only you
I'd rather roast a bird if there were two.

Black and blue no slumber
With that ever present number.
Shake some pepper in that room
Before you kneel at salted tomb.
Before it boils.....soak it overnight
Patience the ingredient so light.

Don't stay up late with poetry. You need your beauty sleep.
Turn lights on if there ain't no fridge for torrid thoughts to keep.
Chase the ghosts of summer from your bed,
Those twilight conversations never said
You'd lay awake trying to forget
An ever downing sun that never set.

Press the velvet dress and strap the stair.
Go out and meet the crowd--they'll all be there.
Lavendar the hair an hour later.
I tire of going out for something greater.

I may need two shoes the same
More smartly footed for this game.
If I am gonna leave the house
Imbibicating pints of Grouse.
Dressin' times a pain--it's lost the writhe.
Stiletto under couch--it's still alive.

Need a driver and champagne to get in motion.
Here I am lost between the liquids and the lotions.
Eight pairs of panty hose and all with ladders.
By now, the party's emptying its bladders.

Far too procrastinating preparations.
I'm feelin' far away from destinations.
It's after nine-the current hour showing.
I still have to decide if I am going.

My kid's screwed up my lipstick.
There's the last of it on sink.
This ruby shade ain't too chic.
I'm scrapin' off the pink.

If I take the bike, I'll get there soon.
Check the lights--You can't rely on moon.
Not in the mood to force a social life.
But don't sit home just makin' up these rhymes.

I got lots of little coughs-perhaps a cold.
Feel a little tired--maybe old.
Go out and meet a man in my condition?
I think it's gonna be an extradition.
In the end, turned out, I didn't go.
The plot upon the stage, we'll never know.

Don't want to leave my boy
'Til the wee hours of the morn.
Mid picking up his toys,
When I interrupt his yawn.

I leave the door ajar to take my boy from Uncle Tony.
A smile in your eyes tells me just how you want to know me.
A cup of tea with one last Scooby Doo.
Thelma's chased by ghosts that hover too.
A little scooby snack before you go?
My dinner's in the oven thanks, but no.

(Spoken Time 3:12)

No comments: