Thursday 18 October 2007

Grocery Robots



What is it with that Tesco off a Tottenham Court Road?
Sorry little painful scene...that is...
I tossin' Tesco?---Yes g'rl.
I seen twenty little pre-sorted tucked up folk
Laid up in line
Got the goodies in the beat up baskets
Graspin' at the last of the nine dollar cheese--
Family size--too yella to eat.
Truck it up. Truck it up.
And who be doin' the loadin'?
Your local little low wage nobody--
Ain't from here--ain't from there...
Sittin' there pickin' his teeth with a five inch grin at the til.

I wanna say, "Honey, Don't rain on my day...
I done my job. I just been shoppin.
Don't get paid for it niether.'"
It your job to ring it up...so where's all yo' friends?
Gone home already?
Damn Pandora-ed the boxes...
Break in the back--chuffin' on cream puffs.

Don't point me over there to that electric machine.
I ain't here for that wicked vibe--do that at home.
What I'm spose to do? Ring it up myself?
Ya'll better help me else I reckon half of this ain't gonna beep.
Bring on the staff and fetch the manager.
I don't have no barcode tattooed on my ass.

(If you don't like Tesco's new automated check out system, dial this number and your call will be directed: 01992 632222 Head Office)

No comments: