Friday 9 December 2011

Winter surrounded by Lego

I've felt under the weather for the past week. The term grinding to a halt. Some things completed and some not. Last week, some guests from Paris. This week, Hal passing through from Barcelona to Portland. I took on too much since September, but next year, will keep things manageable and stick to painting more and doing other things less. Roy is ready to go riding and installing with me. I look forward to it and to showing Julian the works I've made this past week. It is a nice story to be found like that. It's encouraging. Ben's Christmas play is next week. He's not even a tree. But he is singing some songs. And he did have the honour of having an entire play written about him last term. Ben, the superhero who had lost his powers. Ha ha. His purple Lego bus has come apart. I want him to put it back together before he forgets how it goes. He is surrounded by Lego. I am still fiddling with the temperature of the kiln and hoping to find the right formula. On the phone with John in Chicago today. Looking forward to seeing them soon. 

No comments: